Manistee Area Public Schools Faculty & Staff
Explore. Inspire. Achieve.
We encourage our Mariners to develop a focused vision for their future. Our students are engaged by specialized and compassionate educators that encourage all learners to explore their world, inspire them to recognize their potential, and support them to achieve their individualized goals.
Mariners Lead the Way!
Central Office & Administration
Location: 525 12th St, Manistee, MI 49660 | Map
Telephone: (231) 723-3521
Fax: (231) 723-1507
Central Office Hours: M-F: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Superintendent: Ronald Stoneman
Board of Education President: Theresa Anderson
Central Office Staff
Superintendent - firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Manager - email@example.com
Curriculum Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Business Manager - email@example.com
Payroll/Human Resources/Insurance/Lunch - firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant - email@example.com
Administrative Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
View MMHS Staff
|Name||Title / Grade / Content Area|
|Andy Huber||HS/MS Principalemail@example.com|
|Morgan Nowicki||Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bridget Warnke||Dean of Studentsemail@example.com|
|Karen Beldo||Administrative Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kasandra Johnson||Administrative Assistantemail@example.com|
|Paul Howes||Guidance Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tara Lange||Guidance Administrative Assistant / Registraremail@example.com|
|Kenn Kott||Athletic Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kendra Mikolajczak||Activities Secretary/Assistant Athletic Directoremail@example.com|
|Kenneth Blakey-Shell||District Technology Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gabe Delgado||Elementary Device Supportemail@example.com|
|Matt Froncek||Apple Certified Technicianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Gagstetter||Data & Device Systems Manageremail@example.com|
|MMHS School Instructional Staff|
|Gregg Bennett||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Troy Bytwork||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Amanda Clemons||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jane Deising||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Rachel Edmondson||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cindy Erdman||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Joe Hendges||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kristen Johnson||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Sam Joseph||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brooke Koller||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Andrea Mack||Instrumental Musicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cheryl O'Connor||Social Studiesemail@example.com|
|Lucas Quakkelaar||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tobia Purple||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Dan Saylor||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Polly Schlaff||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Joel Smith||Social Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hannah Starmann||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Ingrid Bond||Band Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Logan Bond||General Supervisionemail@example.com|
|Carrie Cameron||General Supervisionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Courtney Cole||One to One Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Alyssa Dewitt||General Supervisionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Todd Garber||General Supervisionemail@example.com|
|Kristen Mezeske||Sensory / General Supervisionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Robert Von Herbruck||Building Substituteemail@example.com|
|Jennifer Williams||MS Activities Director / Sensory / Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMHS School Custodial|
|Keri Carlson||Nutrition Service Directoremail@example.com|
|Stacy Applegarth||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jessica Brown||Nutrition Service|
|Richard Koon||Nutrition Service (Driver)||email@example.com|
|Bonnie Kruse||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Terri Morski||Nutrition Service (Meals on Wheels)||email@example.com|
|Jennifer Rogers||Nutrition Service (Senior Meals Program)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Linda Wandrych||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Josh Schubert||Facilities Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paine Aquatic Center|
View Kennedy Staff
Principal: Joanie Wiersma | email@example.com
Administrative Assistant: Carly Cheever | firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Room email@example.com
Specials - PE/Health firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade Teacher email@example.com
Math Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teacher email@example.com
Elementary Music firstname.lastname@example.org
Title I Reading/Literacy Coach email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
Specials - Instrumental Music firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade Teacher email@example.com
Resource Room firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teacher email@example.com
Specials - Elementary Art firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Coding email@example.com
4th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackleen Bartell email@example.com
Ingrid Bond firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Drake email@example.com
Jill Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Knickerbocker email@example.com
Maggie Madsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Hansen email@example.com
Laura Olk firstname.lastname@example.org
Don Froncek email@example.com
Johnny Skocelas firstname.lastname@example.org
View Jefferson Staff
Julia Raddatz, Principal email@example.com
Amy Miller, Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Kasandra Johnson, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Elizabeth Adams, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Adamski, Elementary PE/Health email@example.com
Krista Bennett, Math Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Bush, Special Education email@example.com
McAnn Bradford, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Feyen, Elementary Music email@example.com
Chasity Gouker, Title I Reading/Literacy Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Lundberg, Kindergarten email@example.com
Cindy Matthes, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Isabella Rankin, Second Grade email@example.com
Michael Rosteck, Elementary Art firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Shimel, SafeNet email@example.com
Josh Smith First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Slawinski, Kindergarten email@example.com
Anna Marie Thompson, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Tomaszewski, Second Grade email@example.com
Emily Tomaszewski, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Veine, Kindergarten email@example.com
Michelle Wilson, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Zeller, Elementary Coding email@example.com
Bay Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
Shawna Burns email@example.com
Hilary Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
Deb Erdman email@example.com
Macie Goodspeed firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Johnson email@example.com
Katy Lacki firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanie Pointer email@example.com
Kristie Schlafley firstname.lastname@example.org
Misty Weber email@example.com
Charles Carver firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Cole email@example.com
Melissa Gutowski firstname.lastname@example.org
View Childcare, Preschool & GSRP Staff
Childcare, Preschool & GSRP Staff - 231-398-3758
Sandy Ludwig - Pre-School Teacher & After School Program - email@example.com
Amber Hiipakka - Pre-School Teacher Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Zajac - Daycare Lead email@example.com
Brittan Manke - Daycare firstname.lastname@example.org
MAPS Great Start Readiness Program Staff - 231-398-3757
Amy Brown, Lead Teacher email@example.com
Renee Turmel, Lead Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Johnson Classroom Helper email@example.com
Brenda Struble, GSRP Teacher Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Zatarga, GSRP email@example.com
View Transportation Staff
View MAPS Student Health Center Staff
Dr. Kathleen Behler, Medical Provider, Northwest Michigan Health Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Olen, Clinical Services Manager, Northwest Michigan Health Services, Inc, email@example.com
Cheryl Wolfram, Community Health Worker, Northwest Michigan Health Services, Inc, firstname.lastname@example.org
Derrick Martinez, LLMSW, Behavioral Health Specialist, Northwest Michigan Health Services, Inc, email@example.com
Alicia Harmon, Enabling Services Coordinator/Marketing, Northwest Michigan Health Services, Inc, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mikayla Bajtka, Patient Registration Specialist/Medical Assistant, Northwest Michigan Health Services, Inc,email@example.com
Guiding Our Philosophy
MAPS Leading-Edge Promise
We provide every student with the knowledge and values necessary to become productive and successful citizens of our world. With innovation, dedication, and integrity, we create a learning environment that inspires every student and educator to reach their highest potential.
– Deliver on our promise to help every student learn
– Support a collaborative learning and working environment
– Bring focused and positive energy to everything we do
– Minimize behaviors/actions/decisions that drain our resources
Guiding Principle: We believe all students can learn.
Non-Negotiable: Achievement – We will find the potential in each student and create an environment that supports their learning.
- Every child that enters our school district will receive our attention and dedication to finding the keys to their personal success.
Guiding Principle: All decisions we make are based upon impact to effect learning.
Non-Negotiable: Impact– We will focus all efforts on seeking ways to support and extend learning.
- Our focus is always on student learning.
- We are open-minded, lifelong learners who stay in touch with, share, and use research-based practices.
- We identify and revise practices that do not help students learn.
Guiding Principle: We focus on goals that drive achievement.
Non-Negotiable: Results– We will set measurable goals, identify improvement strategies, and skillfully adapt instruction to meet student needs.
- Assessment results are used to inform us about the effectiveness of curricular and instructional decisions.
- We analyze assessment results hold data-driven discussions and make impactful decisions for improved student achievement.
- We establish attainable goals for specific measurables, in both instructional efforts and individual student progress.
Guiding Principle: We are committed to an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
Non-Negotiable: Accountability– We will lead by example and take responsibility for the energy we bring to all that we do.
- We reflect the values of our Mission & Vision in our daily practice. When our actions match our words, we build trust and respect with each other, our students, and our support community.
- We work together to establish an atmosphere of trust and respect, in which we can all feel safe to communicate.
- Our interactions with students and each other are characterized by the tenets of TRACK.
- We allow individuals to feel comfortable discussing their observations or concerns with one another because they know they will not be judged or punished.
- Disagreements are treated with respect and acknowledged as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Each individual is given equal time to express an opinion or share an idea.
Guiding Principle: We believe that all students belong to all of us.
Non-Negotiable: Guidance– We will hold ourselves responsible for supporting the educational experience of all MAPS students throughout our district.
- We accept and act on the belief that all students belong to all adults.
- We are committed to working beyond the boundaries of our classrooms and buildings to serve the needs of every student.
- We work together for the success of all students, there is no blame when things do not go well, but instead we are committed to seeking solutions to problems or setbacks in the interest of each and every student’s achievement.
Guiding Principle: Working together enables us to attain our desired outcomes.
Non-Negotiable: Collaboration-We will reach beyond our classrooms and work with each other to identify and support the strengths of every student.
- We work together to positively impact student achievement and deliver the Leading-Edge Promise.
- We focus on and speak only in solutions.
- Participation in culture building is both a right and a responsibility.
- TRACK guides the development of character and a positive school environment and is primary to our success as individuals and our ability to instill these values in our students and each other.
- Our commitment to communication allows for a productive work environment and therefore student success.
- We put education first, and we know we can deliver on this when we encourage each other to share our best ideas and work collaboratively.
- Ideas which lead to increased student learning are recognized and praised by peers.
In 2019, the MAPS Behavioral Health Services program was developed through grant funding and in partnership with the Manistee Intermediate School District, CentraWellness, and Northwest Michigan Health Services to address the behavioral health needs of our MAPS students. The early successes of this program led to consideration of expanding upon the health services provided to our students.
In 2021, the MAPS Student Health Center opened onsite at MMHS to offer comprehensive primary care and behavioral health services for MAPS students ages 5 to 21 years. It is open year-round and is comprised of an integrated team of practitioners to address medical and mental health needs.
When the basic health care needs of our students are met, they are better able to perform in school. Offering accessible care for both preventative and acute care within our district, we intend to provide our students with a holistic approach for overall wellbeing.
Manistee Area Public Schools Employment Postings
Manistee Area Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
District Policy: Nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, height, weight or marital status in all activities and employment.
Notice of Available Positions
- Edustaff After School Caregiver
- Home To School Liaison Posting
- Paraprofessionals, Up To 2 Kennedy
- 7th Grade Boys Basketball Coach
- Skill Building Technician Up To 2 Positions Available
- Full Time Maintenance
- Paraprofessionals, Jefferson, Up To 4
- Full Time Grounds And Maintenance
- Middle School Cross Country Coach
- 8th Grade Girls Basketball Coach
- PE Health Teacher
- Varsity Track Coach
- Varsity Girls Swim Coach
- Varsity Boys Swim Coach
- MIddle School Wrestling Coach
- Adventure Learning Coordinator
- Science Teacher MMHS
- MMHS Forensics Coach
- Dance Team Coach
- JV Girls' Basketball Coach
- Teacher for Homebound Student(s)
- ESL Teacher